Saturday, September 15, 2012

Boat Gear for Cats

Why don't they make boat gear for CATS!?  One of my concerns about moving aboard has been of course, the safety of our two little darlings, Jezabelle and Jetsam.  I haven't found too much information out there about cats living aboard so until I do, I'm just going to have to wing it.

My first concern is that we will need some way of securing them where they can't get tossed overboard while underway.  I figure we also need something to grab onto should they go overboard.  After several attempts to find harnesses the right size, (what are all of those tiny cat harnesses used for?)... we finally found a small dog harness that is large enough, yet light weight enough so that it doesn't drag the kitties down.

The minute the tiny bells began to tinkle, Jetsam vanished until the next morning but Jezabelle, trusting soul that she is... stuck around and let me put on her new red harness.  This is how she felt about it...